1. Information That Trelus Collects About You;
2. How We Collect Information About You;
3. How We Use Your Information;
4. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information; and
1. Information That Trelus Collects About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information relating to your business, your company, your personal goals, your company goals, and/or your personal and company financials.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners (“Partners”) including those listed as part of our partner network at trelus.net/partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, answering survey questions, or responding to prompts on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our Service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for marketing or research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information, we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
2. How We Collect Information About You
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website and through the Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Trelus, Inc. or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including Partner links or advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
3. How We Use and Disclose Your Information
How We Use Your Information
Trelus may use User’s information that Trelus collects about User:
- to present our Website and its contents to User;
- to contact User occasionally to inform User of new Services features, or news or articles Trelus thinks will be of interest to User. Trelus may send User regular updates on issues Trelus thinks will be of interest to User;
- to contact User with regard to User’s use of the Services and, in Trelus’s discretion, changes to the Services and/or the service policies;
- for internal business purposes;
- to provide User with information or services or process transactions that User has requested or agreed to receive including to send User electronic newsletters;
- to provide User with marketing materials or relevant advertising, promotions and recommendations from Trelus, Partners, or our other business partners;
- to enable User to participate in a variety of the Service features;
- to process User’s account registration, including verifying User’s information is active and valid;
- to identify User as the author of any comments that User sends to Trelus to be posted on the Website or Mobile App;
- to ensure that content on the Website and Mobile App is presented in the most effective manner for User and for User’s computer or mobile device;
- to provide you with information relating to any events held by Trelus, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- to provide you with access to your personal account to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you should, to the extent applicable, check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (such as the registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to your Personal Information (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use and disclose Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose and without restriction, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any Partners, third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors, in our discretion.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Trelus, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Trelus, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Trelus, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How and When Does Trelus Disclose Information To Third Parties?
Personal Information may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for Trelus for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which User has subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to User’s Personal Information in order to support Trelus’s information technology or to handle mailings on Trelus’s behalf. If Trelus transfers User’s Personal Information to an outside agent or organization for such purpose, Trelus will take appropriate measures in an effort to protect User’s privacy and the Personal Information Trelus transfer.
Trelus may, in Trelus’s sole discretion, share or transfer Personal Information where permitted or required by law, to comply with legal process, to interact with anti-fraud databases, to protect User’s vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of Trelus’s databases or the Website and the Mobile App, to enforce the Terms & Conditions or protect the business or reputation of Trelus, to take precautions against legal liability, to protect and defend the rights or property of Trelus, for required institutional risk control, or for resolving disputes, inquiries or complaints with respect to User’s use of the Services.
Trelus reserves the right to disclose and transfer all Personal Information: (i) to an operator of the Website or Mobile App or applicable database provided such entity agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions hereof to the extent applicable; or (ii) to a successor in interest of Trelus in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, change of control, the sale of substantially all of Trelus’ interests and/or assets or other organizational change, including, during the course of any due diligence process, provided such successor entity agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions hereof.
Additional Use and Disclosure Considerations
Interactions with Third-Party Websites
Information User Discloses Publicly or To Others
User-Generated Content and Public Information. “User Content” is any content, materials or information (including without limitation, any text, information, graphics, messages, photos, images, data, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including personally identifiable information that you upload, send, email, display, perform, distribute, post or otherwise transmit to us, at our request or on your own, on, or through the Services, whether in connection with your use of the Services or through the use of any Third Party Websites or Third Party Services or otherwise, and whether publicly posted or privately transmitted.
Trelus or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format (currently existing or hereafter developed) and may or may not attribute it to User. Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please think carefully before deciding what information User shares, including Personal Information, in connection with User’s User Content. Be aware that public postings (including group messaging with other Users) are not confidential. Please note that the Trelus does not control who will have access to the information that User chooses to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect User’s privacy or keep it secure. Trelus is not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that User makes publicly available on the Service or what others do with information User shares with them on the Mobile App and Website. Trelus is not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any User Content that User discloses or receives from third parties through the Service.
Name and Likeness. Trelus may also publish User’s name, voice, likeness and other Personal Information that is part of User’s User Content, and Trelus may use the content, or any portion of the content, for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional activities, provided that Trelus will not exercise such rights as to any User Content which identifies User in a public manner unless User provides a separate consent to Trelus in writing (email is sufficient) authorizing such use. For full terms and conditions regarding User Content User submits to the Service, please review Trelus’s Terms & Conditions.
Profiles. A User’s profile page may be, by default, set up to display information such as the User’s display name, images, location (city/state/country), groups that the User has joined and optional information added by User. Profile information is used by Trelus primarily to be presented back to and edited by User when User accesses the Service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information on the Service. Trelus may offer users the ability to manage their public profile and use profile preference settings, the functionality and features of which are subject to change from time to time, so visit it frequently to confirm the settings reflect User’s then current preferences and Trelus recommends that User does not post information or content as part of User’s profile that User is not prepared to make public. Changing setting options may not result in immediate changes to the settings, which are subject to Trelus’s operations and maintenance schedules. User should carefully consider the use of such settings to improve information display options and to ensure the settings are properly set and functioning in the manner desired. Notwithstanding the availability of profile preference settings, User should be aware that these settings are for convenience only, do not employ complex data security protection and may not be error free. Further, other users that have access may repost or otherwise make public User’s information or content. Accordingly, discretion and good judgment should be exercised when posting information or content as part of User’s profile.
4. Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Our Partners. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with our Partners, you should not connect with, communicate with, or otherwise submit information to our Partners through the Services.
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request with the term “OPT OUT” in the subject line to: [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Your email should include adequate details of your request. Requests to delete Personal Information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on Trelus. We may not be able to delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
State-specific Notice. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please email [email protected] with a request for more information. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: [email protected]. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security, you can contact us at [email protected].
Please be aware that certain Personal Information and other information provided by you in connection with your use of the Services may be stored on your device (even if we do not collect that information). You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device from unauthorized access.
Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event Trelus goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another organization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or if we are subject to a bankruptcy or any comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign information and assets in connection therewith. User’s Personal Information might be among the assets transferred. User will be notified via this Website of any such change in ownership or control of User’s Personal Information.
Our Accountability/Dispute Resolution
Trelus Service: International Users
Attention: Privacy Officer
4220 Duncan Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110